EVENT RULES & REGULATIONS
All participants must read and accept the following Rules & Regulations upon registration for this event.
The following Rules & Regulations include the official Terms & Conditions for individuals participating in this event ("HK36"). ToughTrail Events (the "Organiser") is organizing a 20km and
36km running event ("Event" or "Race") on 3rd October, 2020. Upon paying the required entry fee, you ("Participant" or "Runner") acknowledge and accept the following Terms & Conditions:
1. Participants must be minimum 18 years of age on Race day (3rd October, 2020).
2. Runners must complete the entire course on foot, under your own power.
3. For safety, Runners are not permitted to use portable music players of any kind (with or without earphones) during the road sections of the Race.
4. Support crews are only permitted at the checkpoints. Support outside the checkpoints is not allowed, except in an emergency.
5. Runners must follow the assigned course. Short cuts in any way are strictly prohibited and will incur a time penalty or disqualification (at the Organizer's discretion).
6. Your race number must be visible at all times on the outside of your clothing and on the FRONT of your body.
7. If you need First Aid help on the course, you must use the phone numbers on the BACK of your bib. Event staff will arrange assistance as quickly as possible.
8. Runners are expected to assist competitors who have injured themselves. If you come across an injured Runner, provide assistance and ask a fellow Runner to inform race officials at the next aid station. Times will be adjusted to compensate for any losses.
9. Each Participant must be checked-in at all checkpoints and have your number recorded.
10. Runners who are unable to finish the Race, must personally inform the race officials at the nearest checkpoint. If a Runner is unable to make it to a checkpoint (due to injury), he/she must call the number on the race bib immediately; and inform race officials of his/her intent to withdraw.
11. Runners crossing the finish line after the cut-off time will not be listed as official finishers.
12. Littering anywhere on the course will not be tolerated and will be cause for disqualification.
13. Sportsmanship: We require that all Runners treat the trails, the volunteers, fellow participants and other trail users with respect and kindness. Poor sportsmanship may be grounds for disqualification.
14. ToughTrail Events has its own public liability insurance. This does not include personal accident of participants. We recommend that you have your own personal medical/accident cover.
15. ToughTrail Events is under no liability (whether in negligence or otherwise) to you for any claim or loss in connection with the Event.
16. The Organisers reserve the right to make changes to the Event rules and requirements, route and/or other arrangements (including total number of Participants; timing system; etc) as they deem appropriate and at any time.
17. If a Runner receives a time penalty during the Race, they will not be eligible to receive any awards.
18. Breaking any of the rules may incur a time penalty or disqualification. Any such penalties are at the Organisers’ discretion and are final.
19. No category changes or registration on race day.
20. The Race Director has final authority on any question that may arise during the race.
1. As a Participant, you acknowledge and understand the unique nature and requirements of competing in a long-distance event, and that there are medical and physical risks associated with the Race.
2. You will be responsible for yourself and have the ability to deal with any problems that may be encountered during the Race (including, but not limited to: extreme fatigue, internal organ and digestive problems, muscle pain, mild physical injuries or mental stress).
3. You are fully aware and agree that the Race entails the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including dehydration, fatigue, collisions or accidents with other competitors, spectators, road users or vehicles, weather conditions, natural disasters, disease, injury and other causes.
1. As a Participant, you consent to your appearance in the Race being filmed and recorded, by any means and in any media format, for the purpose of advertising and promotion of the Race at any time in the future. If there are any photos that you believe are inappropriate or are in breach of your privacy, you are free to contact the Organizers and ask for those photos to be deleted.
2. As a Participant, you are free to take photographs or videos during the Event, for personal use only (not for commercial purposes).
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
1. Due to the short time frame for registration, there will be no refunds for this particular Event (except in the case of ‘event cancellation’ which includes coronavirus– see below).
2. Bib transfer or change of race distance - $100 admin fee (no refund on original entry fee)
3. No bib transfers or distance changes on race day.
4. Entry fees cannot be deferred to future events.
1. The Organisers reserve the right to cancel or cut short the Event for the following reasons:
force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organiser and which renders it impossible, unsafe or impractical to hold the event. A force majeure event shall include, but is not limited to: protests, act of God, war, hostilities, invasion, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, riot, strikes, go-slows, lock outs or disorder, blocked or inaccessible roads or trails, outbreak of disease, acts or threats of terrorism, landslides, rockfalls, hill fires.
If the Event is cancelled due to any one of the above reasons, including coronavirus, Participants will be refunded their entry fee (100%), minus any processing fees ($50 fee for entries through RaceTiming Solutions; 3.5% fee for PayPal payments on Webscorer).
2. The Organisers reserve the right to cancel or cut short the Event due to adverse weather:
If a T3, Red, Black or Thunderstorm warning is hoisted prior to Race start, the Event may be postponed or cancelled.
If a T3, Red, Black or Thunderstorm warning is hoisted during the Race, the Event may be stopped.
If a T8 or higher is hoisted prior to Race start or during the Race, the Event will be cancelled.
In the event of Race cancellation, stoppage or postponement due to weather, there will be no refunds.
Mandatory Gear List:
minimum 1 litre water (race pack, bladder or bottles)
hat or sun visor
cellphone (fully charged)
race bib with emergency contacts